These positions are open to current Georgia Tech students only. All applicants must be U.S. citizens or hold permanent residency (green card) status. They are offered either as a Co-Op position, or hourly wages, depending on the student's preference and budget availability.
- to apply as a Co-Op: Click here for the application process
- to apply for hourly wages: send us an email
We are seeking dedicated Co-Op/hourly students to assist our operations team with the daily monitoring and break/fix operations of servers, networking and storage components that constitute the HPC clusters in our datacenter. The responsibilities will include but not limited to,
- Monitoring systems status, problem diagnosis and resolution
- Contact vendor companies for basic troubleshooting and RMAs.
- Component/system level hardware replacement as necessary.
- Maintain documentation, including configuration changes as needed.
- Getting newly purchased units ready for production (may require unboxing and installation).
- Installation of system images, firmware, and performing basic configuration.
- Evaluation of test systems.
- Help with other daily data center operations such as cabling, rack maintenance, etc.
We strongly encourage creativity in our team, and are open to reshaping some of these tasks around student's abilities and/or professional development interests.
- Ability to perform break/fix operations on computing, networking and storage systems
- Experience with Linux Operating Systems and commands.
- Familiarity with at least one text-based editor (vi, emacs, nano)
- Familiarity with basic shell programming (bash, csh, etc)
- Ability to lift items by up to 25 lbs.
- U.S. citizen or perminent resident
- Basic understanding of HPC systems and operations
- background on script programming (python, perl, etc)
- Familiarity with cluster resource managers and schedulers (torque, moab, sge, lsf, etc)
- Ability to perform basic SQL queries