PACE is pleased to announce that the faculty-led PACE advisory committee was formed and assembled on March 30, 2021. The PACE Advisory Committee is a joint effort between the Office of the Executive Vice President for Research and the Office of Information Technology. The goal of the committee is to ensure that shared research computing services are meeting faculty needs and resourced in a sustainable way. The committee consists of a representative group of PACE and faculty members, encompassing a wide range of experience and expertise on advanced computational and data capabilities provided by OIT’s research cyberinfrastructure. An important goal of the committee is to provide essential feedback, which will help continuously improve this critical service.
The formal charge of the committee, jointly given at the kickoff meeting by Dr. Chaouki Abdallah, EVPR (Executive Vice President of Research), and Daren Hubbard, VP-IT and CIO is to
- Function as communication channel between the broader research computing community and PACE.
- Serve as a sounding board for major changes to the PACE infrastructure.
- Maintain an Institute-level view of the shared resource; and
- Help craft strategies that balance the value and benefits provided by the resources with a sustainable cost structure in the face of ever-increasing demand.
PACE Advisory Committee Members:
- Srinivas Aluru, IDEaS Director
- Omar Asensio, Public Policy
- Dhruv Batra, Interactive Computing/ML@GT
- Semir Sarajlic, PACE
- Annalisa Bracco, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
- Pam Buffington, PACE
- Laura Cadonati, Physics
- Sudheer Chava, Scheller College of Business
- Yongtao Hu, Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Lew Lefton, EVPR/Math (ex-officio)
- Steven Liang, Mechanical Engineering/GTMI
- AJ Medford, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Joe Oefelein, Aerospace Engineering
- Annalise Paaby, Biological Sciences
- Tony Pan, IDEaS
- David Sherrill, Chemistry and Biochemistry, Director of Center for High Performance Computing
- Huan Tran, Materials Science and Engineering
PACE Advisory Committee Activity Reports:
PACE Advisory Committee Meetings:
The committee began its regular meeting cadence in March 2021. Below is a summary of the meetings and a review of progress made.