Enjoy competitive salaries and exceptional benefits by joining the rapidly growing PACE team at Georgia Tech.
Located in the heart of vibrant Atlanta, Georgia, the Partnership for an Advanced Computing Environment (PACE) team defines and manages centralized research computing services at the Georgia Institute of Technology. We facilitate research efforts and foster strategic partnerships to provide Georgia Tech researchers with an unrivaled advantage, empowering them to lead their disciplines for the advancement of science and society across the globe. In addition to high-performance computing, we incorporate emerging cloud, network, data analytics, and storage technologies. Our fast-growing team directly supports faculty, students, and other researchers resulting in a dynamic environment filled with intellectual stimulation and continuous innovation.
PACE is seeking an expert consultant to join our Outreach and Faculty Interaction team. This position requires a wide range of demonstrated knowledge and skills, including computational methods and architectures, code development, debugging, parallelization, optimization, and performance tuning; advanced understanding of scheduling and resource allocation; as well as effective use of high-performance storage, high-performance networking, and accelerator technologies. The Outreach and Faculty Interaction team leverages software, including compilers, scientific libraries, and commercial applications where appropriate to provide expert diagnosis and resolution of complex technical issues. The main role for this position will be to interact with the research community at Georgia Tech, identify gaps and pursue opportunities for significant collaborations in their funded and published research. These interaction and outreach efforts will include developing and maintaining documentation, and participating in efforts to strengthen the HPC user community internally and externally, such as developing and disseminating whitepapers and best practices documents, preparing and delivering training seminars, and representing PACE in national venues including conferences and workshops. the Outreach and Faculty Interaction team actively seeks collaborations in scientific publications and grants, generating materials and reports to promote PACE services, and compiles success stories arising from these efforts.
- US Citizen or permanent resident
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to engage with a highly diverse research computing community at regional, national, and global scale.
- Service-focused orientation and consistent follow-through for excellence
- Ability to provide effective technical solutions to highly complex problems in an advanced and diverse computing environment.
- Expert knowledge of computational methods, architectures, current and emerging technologies, and middleware (e.g. MPI stacks, job schedulers, numerical libraries, and data analytics tools)
- Fluency in code development, debugging, parallelization, optimization, and tuning utilizing multiple programming and/or scripting languages
- Experience with scientific libraries and applications (e.g. VASP, LAMMPS, FFTW, PETc, Matlab, Ansys)
Additional knowledge, skills, and experience that are desirable, but NOT required:
- High-performance storage and parallel file systems
- RedHat Enterprise Linux system administration experience
- Experience in cloud implementations using OpenStack
- Complete the the application form, available here.
- Send the application form, cover letter, and your CV via one of the methods below to Semir Sarajlic, OIT/ART/PACE
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- fax: (404) 385-9548
- postal mail (signature confirmation recommended): 756 West Peachtree Street NW, Coda S1139, Atlanta, GA 30332-0700
Please use this email address above to notify us for documents transmitted via fax or postal mail.