Located in the heart of vibrant Atlanta, Georgia, the Partnership for an Advanced Computing Environment (PACE) team defines and manages centralized research computing services at the Georgia Institute of Technology. We facilitate research efforts and foster strategic partnerships to provide Georgia Tech researchers with an unrivaled advantage, empowering them to lead their disciplines for the advancement of science and society across the globe. In addition to high-performance computing, we incorporate emerging cloud, network, data analytics, and storage technologies. Our rapidly growing team directly supports faculty, students, and other researchers resulting in a dynamic environment filled with intellectual stimulation and continuous innovation.
PACE seeks a talented systems architect to implement, maintain, and manage newly deployed research computing resources, enabling them to participate in national research computing grids such as XSEDE and OSG. GT researchers have been awarded multiple research grants to fund the purchase of new equipment for this purpose. Continued salary for this position is NOT contingent on securing further awards.
Integration into national grids may include deployment and maintenance of compute elements, HPC and HTC schedulers, storage systems, and software containers following existing best practices, as well as suggesting new approaches to improve existing practices.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
- US Citizen or permanent resident
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to interact and collaborate with faculty, researchers, graduate students, IT professionals, and vendors
- Ability to oversee complex and recurring cycles of design, evaluation, and troubleshooting of technical solutions
- Excellent troubleshooting and methodical experimentation skills
- Good command of UNIX/Linux and mainstream scripting languages
- Good command of RedHat Enterprise Linux system
Additional knowledge, skills, and experience that are desirable, but NOT required:
- Experience implementing national-scale research cyberinfrastructure such as resources available within XSEDE and/or Open Science Grid
- Experience implementing and managing wide-scale shared storage technologies
- Experience with managing and scheduling cloud and container services
- Experience with mainstream configuration management tools
- Experience with X.509 certificate generation, installation and maintenance
“We will recruit, develop, retain, and engage a diverse cadre of students, faculty, and staff with a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, interests, and talents, creating a campus community that exemplifies the best in all of us—in our intellectual pursuits, our diversity of thought, our personal integrity, and our inclusive excellence.” —Georgia Tech Strategic Plan
- Complete the the application form, available here.
- Send the completed and signed application form, cover letter, and CV to Neil Bright <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
- Please reference position PVA43771